BillboardsIn is Here to Help!
Check out this list of our most frequently asked questions.
- What is BillboardsIn?
- Why should I use BillboardsIn?
- How does BillboardsIn work?
- I’m just trying to get a general idea of what billboards cost. Can you help?
- What does CPM mean?
- How long do I have to make a decision after creating my campaign?
- I only want to run for a couple of days. Am I allowed to do that?
- What is the ideal campaign length?
- How do I know which way the billboard I’m interested in is facing?
- I just created my campaign. How do I know which option is right for me?
- I don’t have artwork. Where do I begin?
- What’s the difference between digital and non-digital billboards?
- I’m thinking about reserving space on a digital billboard. Exactly how much exposure am I getting?
- Do you offer any discounts?
- I finished my artwork. How do I submit it?
- How do I submit payment?
- My question wasn’t here. How can I contact BillboardsIn?
1. What is BillboardsIn?
BillboardsIn is the nation’s largest online outdoor advertising marketplace, designed to help you easily find your perfect ad space. We have over a million assets nationwide, ranging from billboards to ads on gym TVS, providing a great selection of ad options for you to choose from.
2. Why should I use BillboardsIn?
We think that buying outdoor advertising should be accessible to everyone, which is why we give you pricing and availability on the spot, providing personalized help along the way. Just tell us where you want to advertise, and we’ll work quickly to find you the best options to fit your advertising needs.
3. How does BillboardsIn work?
After you provide your desired search area and timeframe, you’ll be provided with an interactive map of available ad options. From there, you can see specific inventory information including location details, audience data, design specs, and more.
If you like what you see, you can add options to your cart and check out securely online via credit card.
4. I’m just trying to get a general idea of what billboards cost. Can you help?
Unfortunately, the answer to this question isn’t so simple—billboards can vary widely in cost depending on location, format, and size.
If you head over to BillboardsIn.com, you’ll be able to create a campaign with your desired location and timeframe, which will provide a map with available options and pricing information.
You can also shoot us an email at support@BillboardsIn.com, and one of our team members will be able to provide personalized assistance.
5. What does CPM mean?
CPM = # of Impressions (in thousands)/Total Cost
CPM is a marketing metric that stands for “Cost Per Thousand,” and reflects the cost per thousand views of the specific piece of inventory you’re looking at.
It can be helpful to use CPM when comparing multiple ad spaces, and can also be used to compare outdoor advertising against other formats you may be considering.
6. How long do I have to make a decision after creating my campaign?
Inventory can move fast, so we recommend making a decision within a few business days.
If that’s too quick, don’t worry—you can always create additional campaigns to reflect updated inventory, or reach out to your account manager or support@BillboardsIn.com to check on the availability of a specific ad space.
7. I only want to run for a couple of days. Am I allowed to do that?
We can absolutely help you find ad space, even if you’re only looking to advertise for a short time. For most digital options, we can run week-long campaigns, and for static options, the minimum runtime is one month.
If you’re looking to change the length of your campaign, contact your account manager or send us an email at support@BillboardsIn.com
8. What is the ideal campaign length?
We recommend that campaigns run for at least 12 weeks, as this will provide an ample amount of time to really evaluate the effectiveness of your ad.
Ultimately, though, your campaign should be based on your advertising goals—so if you need to run your campaign for one, two, or even 12 months, you shouldn’t shy away from doing so.
If you have questions about this or are unsure of what campaign length is right for you, just contact your account manager or send us an email at support@BillboardsIn.com.
9. How do I know which way the billboard I’m interested in is facing?
When reviewing your options, select the option you’d like to view. Then, in the tab on the right side of the page, look for the section labeled “Direction.”
Under this section, the direction noted will be the cardinal direction that the board is actually facing. So, if the direction is marked as “East,” that asset will be appealing to westbound onlookers.
10. I just created my campaign. How do I know which option is right for me?
Each advertiser’s campaign needs are different, but we recommend comparing location, price. CPM, and estimated views of the options you’re considering.
Want to talk it out? Reach out to your account manager or send us an email at support@BillboardsIn.com for personalized assistance.
11. I don’t have artwork. Where do I begin?
Whether you want to create your ad yourself, or feel like you could use some assistance, we’ve got you covered.
- Want to submit your own artwork? We have an extensive library of design templates for every outdoor ad format and size. Just download the template, design your ad, and submit it to our production team.
- Want some advice? Our design team is at the ready to help provide some comments and feedback on your submitted artwork, helping guide you through the design process to make something stunning—just select “Artwork Review” at checkout.
- Need some help? Our design team is happy to help you create a brand-new ad from scratch, or utilize your old marketing materials to create something fresh—just select “Custom Artwork Design” during checkout.
12. What’s the difference between digital and non-digital billboards?
The main difference between digital and non-digital billboards is how the ads will be displayed.
With non-digital billboards (often referred to as static billboards), your ad will be printed and installed on your selected ad space.
Ads placed on digital billboards, however, are typically displayed on an LED screen for approximately eight seconds at a time, as a part of a larger 64-second loop.
Despite their slight variations, both digital and static billboards are effective ad formats—Check out this blog post for more information.
13. I’m thinking about reserving space on a digital billboard. Exactly how much exposure am I getting?
Digital billboards are a great way to maximize the value of your campaign. In most cases, if you reserve space on a digital billboard, you can expect your ad to run for approximately eight seconds at a time, as part of a larger loop.
The number of impressions that you see when you view a specific billboard in your campaign will accurately reflect the number of impressions that you can expect to receive if you reserve space on that particular inventory.
14. What does the listed price for my billboard include?
The price that you see listed when viewing your map includes the price of the ad space, as well as any production costs associated with getting your ad up and running—this means the costs to print, ship, install, and take down your ad are included in the listed price.
That price does not, however, include any optional add-ons that we offer, such as any design help, blog posts, call tracking, or other additional services.
15. Do you offer any discounts?
We offer discounts for campaigns that are at least 12 weeks in length. When viewing the price of a desired option on your map, you’ll see a discounted price below the four week rate.
16. How do I submit payment?
You can run your transaction directly through our marketplace portal via credit card. We also are able to process transactions via ACH, but be sure to check with your bank first.
17. My question wasn’t here. How do I contact BillboardsIn?
No worries! You can easily contact our dedicated support team here at support@BillboardsIn.com. We’re happy to help!